Know what you should do - Do what you can do
This activity is designed to encourage thinking about what you can do to reduce your ecological impact at maximum levels while also pondering how much of this is possible and practical in each individual's life.
Materials and Tools: Worksheet (see below), computers with internet access
1) Teacher prints work sheet which can be found as a MS Word file (.doc) here.
2) Students log on to computers and navigate to www.polluteless.com. Students investigate the Tips, Tricks and Advice categories.
3) Students collect what can be done to be a less polluting human being and what impact the actions have. Students complete first three columns on worksheet. Leave fourth column empty for now.
4) Explain and discuss concepts and their meaning.
5) After discussion of a few examples, the students complete the fourth column to demonstrate they understand the concepts of reducing their impact on the enviornment. The students may return to the website if that is helpful.